Thursday, February 3, 2011

Why I do what I do

Now before you read this post, I have to warn you that I wrote it out the cheesiness of my heart.  Its just a life lesson I feel passionate about and had to write it down, so take it as inspiring or as cheesy as you like. :)

When I was a little girl, I was obsessed with Jasmine.  Not only because she was the most seductive princess of them all (haha), but she had the most beautiful 'cat eye' eyes.  Me being a blonde; light skinned and freckled, I dreamed about having a little color to my face and to have beautiful eyes like her.

Mascara was all I cared about when it came to make up.  My mom told me I couldn't wear make up until I was 12 years old.  Every Sunday at church, I would sit next to her on the bench and just stare at her eyelashes and BEGGED her to let me just wear mascara.  After years of harassing her she gave in, and let me start wearing mascara at age 11.  Mascara was my life!  I had it on all the time, and I would get crazy putting on way too much sometimes.  I liked my eyelashes thick and trashy! 

I hated the fact that I still looked like a boy without it.  Why couldn't I just have naturally dark, beautiful eyelashes all the time like Jasmine?  I like to get dirty. (No pun intended. :P)  Camping, swimming, wakeboarding, four wheeling, snowboarding and just pure laziness is my comfort zone.  Now adding mascara to all of that... not so comfortable.  Mascara is flaky, runny, gloopy, schloopy... you freakin' name it.  I came from loving mascara to hating it.  BUT, I couldn't live without it.  Mascara was my guilty drug that would need some serious rehab to get rid of.

One of my cheer mates from high school got eyelash extensions.  I had heard about eyelash extensions before, but knew being a poor high school student wasn't going to do it for me.  She showed all of us her new eye-batters, and I was disgusted.  CLUMPS.  When she told me they were glued on I thought 'k first of all, that doesn't sound safe at all, second they look completely fake and disgusting, and last they cost an arm and a leg... NOPE.'  That idea didn't stay with me very long, I forgot about them pretty fast. (Not bagging on my work here, these eyelash extensions were obviously done the wrong way, they have come a long way since then.)

A few years later, a good friend of mine I moved out with said she needed to get a fill for her eyelash extensions.  I was like 'DON'T DO IT! They are horrible!...' then I backed up, 'wait... did you say you need a fill?'  She already had them, and I didn't even notice because they looked completely natural.  I was amazed, and you better believe I was calling her eyelash lady the second I found out.

Is it a little pathetic to say that eyelash extensions are in my top 5 things that have changed my life the most?  Cause I don't know how else to describe what they have done for me for the past two years of having them.  Its changed the way I see myself, its changed the way I feel when I'm doing my dirty hobbies, it gives me so much confidence and has totally taken away that little question girls have all day in the back of their heads of 'how do I look right now?.'

I became so fascinated with them, and couldn't believe how amazing of an invention they are for girls.  I definitely had no problem getting friends and family hooked on them because I felt so strongly about how much they have to offer and I could easily talk anyone into it.  It made me realize, 'wow... I would be good at selling something like this because its all I care about when it comes to being pampered.'

Its so important to be passionate about what you do in life, whether that be in you job, your family, your education, your hobbies, etc.  I've found that it makes me happier and grateful for everything I have, because I'm not ever dreading or stressing about what I have to get done.  Your life becomes so care free, because you're doing something that comes so natural to you.  So find what you're absolutely passionate about, something you could find doing everyday and apply it to your everyday life, because thats what will truly make you happy.  You will always feel great by the end of the day.  That's why I do what I do. 

1 comment:

  1. eyelash extensions are so great :) you do a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete