Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine

It's Valentines Day, so I think its only appropriate I write about my sweetheart today.


In the spring of 2009, I moved out with my friend Kimberley Finster, ready and excited to start a fun single life with her in Orem.  At the time I wasn't looking for a relationship of any kind, but I guess it happens when you least expect it to! I met him not long after we moved in, so Kim and I didn't live the single life together that summer like we planned, but I think both her and I would agree that it was one of the most eventful summers ever.

Because of the fact that I didn't want a relationship or to date, I ditched him the first few times we planned dates, but once he finally convinced me to meet him we were inseparable.  Kim was planning a trip to go to Hawaii to visit a friend and asked us if we wanted to go.  I thought it would be the most fun, rebellious thing I could ever do, but didn't think there was any chance that he would agree to it because it was in a week.  The next day he told me he could get work off to go, and that we should do it.  We had only known each other for 2 weeks at the time, but I felt so comfortable with him that it didn't even matter.  We went!

That trip was probably one of our most bonding experiences together, and I would definitely admit that I fell in love on the beaches of Hawaii.  We had the time of our lives!  We went all out; Surfing, Parasailing, swimming with turtles, cliff jumping, snorkeling, Polynesian cultural center, luaus, and so much more.  We never once got sick of each other, and couldn't separate even when we got back home.  I was convinced I would have to find a way to win this guys heart if I hadn't already.


One thing that happened between us that is most special to me is the first time he told me he loved me.  We had been dating exclusively for about 3 months, and I told myself that he needed to be the one to say it first.  I never let it get to me or bugged him about it, I just focused on being best friends and getting to know him more.  (Patience is a virtue.)  He was on the way to my house one day and got a ticket for speeding.  Once he got to my house he wasn't in the best mood, and said he hadn't had a very good day.  I asked him if he wanted to go on a walk to get a little quiet, relaxing time, and he agreed.  We walked up to the lime kill on the mountain in front of my house and I tried to just stay silent so he could have a little peace and just think.  When we got to the top we sat down and just watched the beautiful view of lights from the city.  He broke the silence and said, "With every girlfriend I've had, saying "I love you" seemed like something you just have to say, but with you I really feel it and its so real... (pause, me freaking out inside knowing what was coming) I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love you, and when you're ready for a relationship I'm here."  I couldn't have asked for it to go any better than it did.  It was like something you would only see in movies, it was that perfect.  We were both so ready to be together and we both knew it.  I just remember sitting there with him alone on that mountain watching the view and thinking "this world is ours, and we're gonna take it on together." 

Randy Tim Jepperson is the love of my life.  I know that there is no one out there that could even compare to him, he would be some hard shoes to fill.  He's so unbelievably nice and would do anything for anyone, he has an amazing sense of humor and is constantly making me happy and laugh, he makes me feel like I'm the most important thing in his life, he's selfless, he's loving, he's sexy, he's emotional in a manly way and he's the best friend I could ever ask for.  Something I think is one of the most important, if not THEE most important thing he brings to our relationship is that he doesn't fight.  He will never yell at me like what I have to say doesn't matter, he always wants to hear the other side and resolve as humane and fair as possible.  He respects and loves me enough to never make me feel low.  He loves me for me, and would never try to change who I am.  His personality has rubbed off on me and made me open my eyes to the importance of respect in a relationship, and I'm always finding ways to be a better person by his example.

I am a lucky girl to be spending this fun day with him today.  It doesn't matter what happens today or what gifts may be given, as long as I get to be with him today.  Our love is all that matters; and today I don't just love him, I love us. :)
 

1 comment:

  1. that is a really cute story. you both are so in love!!

    xo,

    Ash

    ReplyDelete