Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pamper, Pirates, Paint and Pizza

This weekend was a very fun-filled one.  Friday night Randy was with the guys, and I did a gel toe party for my sis in law Jessi and a few of her friends.  I did 5 sets of gel toes, and her daughter Alyssa's (my flower girl) was my favorite.  I had never done lime green before but they turned out really cute!



After that, Randy and I went to the new Pirates movie with my brothers and their friend Dehvin.  It was a really late showing so I kept falling asleep, but the parts that I did see I really liked.  Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz were awesome.



Saturday was craft night and I made 3 really cute crafts:

A magnet memo board for my kitchen.

Memory cubes

And a cute 4th of July watermelon decoration.  I wanted to do it blue instead of green so it would match all my other 4th of July decorations, and I think it turned out pretty cute.

I'm so excited for next month and all the cute 4th of July crafts we're doing. Sign up for them HERE.


On Sunday, Randy and I made dinner and dessert for my family.  We made sloppy joes with a salad and chips for dinner, it was super easy and so snacky!  I found the recipe on the back of a tomato soup can, and it looked so good.  I'm all about simplicity when it comes to cooking, but I'm hoping to keep learning and eventually advance to more challenging stuff because I enjoy cooking for the most part.
Here is the recipe:

Campbells Beefy Taco Joes

2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
1 can Campbells Family Size Tomato Soup
2 cups Salsa
1 cup Cheddar Cheese

Brown beef.  Add Soup and Salsa.  Heat through. Top with cheddar cheese.  Serve on rolls, corn muffin or rice.  Makes 16 sandwiches.

For dessert we made a fruit pizza - also super easy.  Randy's coworker made it at work one day and ever since then he's been bugging me to make it.  Finally we did, and it looked beautiful.  I had to take a picture fast cause I knew it would be gone in seconds.


And the recipe:

Fruit Pizza

2 pkgs Sugar Cookie Dough
8 oz. Cream Cheese
8 oz. Whipped Topping
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Fruit Variety

Roll out cookie dough in a round pan and cook at whatever the directions say. Watch the cookie dough so that it doesn't burn.  Blend cream cheese, whipped topping and powdered sugar for the frosting/sauce.  Then top with fruit.  (Use any fruit you want, but I used banana, blackberries, raspberries, kiwi, strawberries and blueberries.)

1 comment:

  1. Totally great blog. I like that you want to advance in cooking. I am an expert cook it is my favorite thing to do. Check out my blog for food ideas. I don't write often, but I'll get back into it.

    ReplyDelete